If you are prepared to work hard to improve your relationship, then the Imago Couples Intensive is designed for you.
In this three, full days of highly structured and effective couples therapy, you will be guided by an experienced Imago couples’ therapist and work towards repairing your relationship and becoming reconnected to one another.
The process will help you to makes sense of the emotional turmoil and the difficulties in being ‘stuck in a rut’. With structured and researched processes, the therapist can assist in healing the pain that comes from being disconnected. Too often, couples tend to focus on the symptoms. By only changing these, the change will not be meaningful or last. The Imago Couples Intensive will take you to the root of the pain and conflict in your relationship. If you can heal and change that, then you will be able to make a meaningful difference to your lives.
For who is this process?
- For any relationship that might be in serious trouble and both people are willing to work together to repair it;
- Couples that feel stuck in old patterns and want to move to a new and more creative ways of relating to one another;
- One party wants to leave the relationship, but is willing to put in "one last effort" to make it work;
- Couples that want to transform the energy of the power struggle into an energy filled with passion; and
- Couples that want to learn the art of being connected and alive with each other.
How does it work?
Th Imago Intensive runs over three consecutive days from 09:00 to 17:00 with a 90-minute lunch break. This is not a group process. It is one therapist working with a couple. I am therefore present with each interaction and process. This means that every step will be in tune with your unique situation and is developed so you get what you need for your relationship to heal.
The process consists of 25 percent theoretical work and 75 percent practical relationship work. Through the Imago Dialogue, re-connection, healing, and repair takes place. This means that the work happens between you (as a couple) and myself (as the facilitator) with structured and emotionally safe processes.
Dialogues and processes are about:
- Your relationship vision so you know where you want to go with your relationship;
- The real sources of the pain that caused the disconnection in the past and how to heal it today;
- How to work with the current frustrations. To move from being stuck and into creative possibilities;
- Transformation, because you need to change if you want something to be different. The art here is not to change for the sake of the relationship (because you sacrifice or compromise yourself or your partner) but because both of you grow, expand, discover, and transform as individuals. It is not about losing yourself in relationship but rather about finding yourself because you are in a relationship; and
- To move beyond pain and frustrations you are currently feeling into being fully alive with passion for one another.
What is your success rate?
If you commit to applying what you learn here, the success rate is 100 percent. I can also guarantee that if you follow the process and apply this to all aspects of your lives, you will get even more than what you hoped for.
Do we need to be in trouble before doing the Intensive?
Most definitely not. If you want to develop your capacity to love and to connect, then this is an amazing process to learn how to do so. In fact, the reason why we experience all sorts of problems in our lives is to push us into being more aware and whole with one another.
So, why must you wait for a crisis to accomplish this? Choose to grow and to be alive. A relationship is an amazing place to where you can embark on this journey together. And the Intensive will facilitate this.
What will you get?
Refer to the "what happens in a session" section.
In addition, you will experience the following:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the real sources of your frustration and pain;
- Experience a deep and true connection with one another;
- Experience real emotional safety with your partner;
- Move from a sense of frustration and pain to a place where you can truly grow your connection with one another;
- Gain a thorough understanding of your power struggle and how you co-created the situation;
- Learn and practice how to access the intelligence of your power struggle and move through it towards conscious and adult love;
- Practice processes that when you do have another power struggle, you will know what to do to move quickly through it instead of staying there for days or even years;
- Learn what your real needs and reasons are for being in the relationship;
- Understand how your incompatibility is part of the reason why the two of you are in love;
- Get a deeper appreciation and curiosity of each other’s uniqueness and differences;
- Identify a relationship vision and understand how to get there;
- Learn to ask for what you want;
- Learn how to give your partner what he/she needs;
- Learn how to bring the relational energy (focus, dialogue, sexual and emotional energy, warmth, and attention) back into your relationship and make it available for healing, change, and growth. This energy is likely to reside with other people like another man or women or even your children. It could also be suppressed by addictions, work or depressing, causing your relationship to feel flat or ‘stuck in a rut’;
- Understand how to become connected;
- Learn the art of being present with one other;
- Understand the art of giving and receiving;
- Learn how to repair the relationship; and
- Understand what it means to love and be loved.
Will there be any other couples?
No. The Imago Couples Intensive will just be between the two of you and myself.
Can we remain focused for the entire three days?
Yes. Because it is such a life changing experience, the time will feel like an instant.