Getting The Love You want Couples Workshop
The Imago Couples workshop runs over three days on weekends. Kobus van der Merwe presents this Imago weekend for more than twenty years. This workshop is presented in English. Couples report that this workshop equals seven months of weekly couples therapy.
The "Getting the love you want" couples workshop is fully packed with researched information on relationships, practical demonstrations of relationship skills, and plenty of time to practice and integrate the theory and skills.
You will learn the real source of your power struggle. You probably have tried to change you relationship, but you only worked with the symptoms. That is why your efforts for relationship change never worked or last. The Imago couples workshop will help you to discover the roots of your power struggle. When you change that, then real change can happen that lasts.
The story I make up, is that if you read this, that you are not just married to find out what is wrong with your marriage. You are also not married for the main reason to heal pain or to learn strategies to protect yourself from each other. The bigger picture is, to love and to be loved. To be fully alive, and to be in relationship. This workshop will help you to work through the realities of tension and pain in your marriage.AND to move beyond the power struggle. To learn to love each other in a conscious, intentional, and passionate way.
You will also discover the rhythm of your relationship. There will always be times in your marriage when there is tension or pain. The art is, not to avoid this, or to see that you are failing, but to work through the power struggle, effectively and quickly. The art of repair, when there is a disrupture in connection, is key to healthy relationships. You will learn how to do that. This will help couples to spend more time and energy on passion and connection, growth and discovery, than struggling or surviving.
What happens in a couples workshop?
- You will get a new perspective on each other in relationship. After the power struggle, couples see each other as enemies. Enemies in the sense that couples see each other as a place where they lose their true identity and where the need to give up their full aliveness. In this workshop you will learn how to become allies in becoming your true self and restore each others full aliveness. You will learn how your marriage is a recourse for repair and growth.
- You learn to dialogue. Couples need more that good communication. Communication sometimes take you deeper into a power struggle and create more distance. You will learn to dialogue about the good and the frustrations in the relationship, in such a way that you repair connection and safety.
- You will learn to commit to the relationship and to each others grow and full expression of aliveness. That will leads to more passion and a sense of deeper love for each other.
- You will develop a deep empathy for each other's story. You will discover that your partner is not trying to harm you by being so avoiding or intrusive, but that they are just trying to protect themselves against more pain. This empathy will create a new condition where your marriage now becomes a place of healing of that pain, instead of re-wounding. The power struggle will continue as long as there is pain. The power struggle dissolves when the pain heals.
What you can expect from participating in the GETTING THE LOVE YOU WANT workshop:
- Learn how to provide greater compassion for your partner (this happens for everyone to a greater or lesser degree).
- Discover new communication skills to break destructive cycles of communication. Couples learn how to redirect the negative energy from their arguments to create passion and stability in the enhanced relationship.
- Understand that the unconscious forces that attract you to your partner are also the source of conflict. Participants receive more information about themselves and their partner, organized in a new, more thoughtful way.
- Equip yourself with tools for re-romanticizing your relationship to re-establish the passion that you remember from your past together.
- Help each other to accept and conclude childhood issues that could be hindering your current relationship.
- Learn how to use your relationship for emotional healing and spiritual evolution.
IMAGO’S two day GETTING THE LOVE YOU WANT workshop is an ideal life and relationship enriching experience. It will teach you invaluable life skills that will not only enhance your relationship with your partner and family, but will improve and enrich the relationships with your broader circle of friends and colleagues.
|Event Date||11-30-2018 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||12-02-2018 6:00 pm|
|Couple/Individual Price||Per Couple: R6800|
|Location||Pretoria, Die Wilgers|